What is Governance?
Governance means thinking about strategic issues, rather than the operational day-to-day running of an organisation.
Good governance helps an organisation to:
- Improve performance
- Have a defined vision for the future of the organisation
- Take a big picture view of the organisation, separate from its operations
- Ensure there is accountability and oversight of operations
- Manage risk
Governance at Artworks Theatre
Artworks Theatre is governed by an Executive Board, elected by paid-up members at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). The current officers of the Executive Board are Bruce Davis-Goff (Chairperson), Dave Graham (Secretary), and Lyle Woods (Treasurer).
The theatre has charitable status and is registered as an Incorporated Society, registration number CC30721. Annual returns are filed with Charities Services and can be viewed by searching the Charities Services Register.
The constitution sets out how the theatre is to be governed, in accordance with the Incorporated Societies Act 1908. Changes to the constitution may only be made at an Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting by a vote of paid-up members. The constitution was last amended at an SGM held on 23 August 2016.
Download a copy of the constitution (PDF)»
Monthly executive meetings & minutes 2017
Monthly executive meetings & minutes 2016
Monthly executive meetings are open to all paid-up members and will be notified on this website and to subscribers of our free eNewsletter.
Minutes can be downloaded in PDF format for all executive meetings held after the 2016 AGM. Minutes are published after being confirmed at the following executive meeting.
- Minutes of meeting held on 4 April 2016
- Minutes of meeting held on 3 May 2016
- Minutes of meeting held on 7 June 2016
- Minutes of meeting held on 12 July 2016
- Minutes for meeting held on 2 August 2016
- Minutes of Special General Meeting held on 23 August 2016 (changes to constitution)
- Minutes of meeting held on 6 September 2016
- Minutes of meeting held on 11 October 2016
- Minutes of meeting held on 1 November 2016 – DRAFT
- Notice of SGM to be held on 19 November 2016
- Minutes of SGM held on 19 / 26 November 2016 – DRAFT
Annual General Meeting 2016
The following documents were presented at the AGM held on 17 March 2016:
- Agenda for the AGM (as specified in the constitution)
- Annual Accounts for the financial year 1 January to 31 December 2015
- Annual review of accounts by Beyond the Books (accountants)
From the AGM the following documents were produced:
- Draft minutes of the 2016 AGM, including the Chairperson’s Report (minutes to be formally accepted at the next AGM)
- Formal confirmation of acceptance of the Annual Accounts by the Chairperson & Treasurer